License Limit

allans1

• Total Posts : 2
License Limit Tuesday, April 05, 2016 12:12 PM (permalink)
Hi,

We are currently licensed for 10,000 computers and may be interesting in purchasing more licenses following a large roll out of GFI Endpoint Security.

Could anyone tell me how the product handles reaching the license limit?  Can no further Computers be added above 10000 OR can they been added but with no protection policy applied?

Thanks for any information around this,
Allan

wruiz

• Total Posts : 84
    Re:License Limit Tuesday, April 05, 2016 4:25 PM (permalink)
    Hello allans1,

In GFI EndPointSecurity if you try to add more computers than you have licenses for, you will receive a warning and it will not let you add the computer.

If you try to enter a license key that is for fewer computers than you have in the interface, you will be prompted to remove computers before entering the key.

lprot

• Total Posts : 2
      Re:License Limit Tuesday, June 28, 2016 11:55 AM (permalink)
      allans1

Hi,

We are currently licensed for 10,000 computers and may be interesting in purchasing more licenses following a large roll out of GFI Endpoint Security.

Could anyone tell me how the product handles reaching the license limit?  Can no further Computers be added above 10000 OR can they been added but with no protection policy applied?

Thanks for any information around this,
      Allan

Hello, Allan!
      May I ask you which version do you use and did you try to connect any smartphone to any of 10000 PC you use to check if it blocks access to mobile devices?
      <message edited by lprot on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 11:59 AM>

eswensen

• Total Posts : 4
        Re:License Limit Tuesday, July 05, 2016 12:39 PM (permalink)
        Hey,

So there is no limit to the amount of computers, however you would need to have multiple Console instances since you don't want more than about 1000 computers per instance. You would set up each instance to monitor a selection of computers and not the same ones as any of the other instances. Each instance would have its own database and reporting, but you could copy the same policy config wise for each. Currently there is not a central management server type of thing for GFI Endpoint Security. However if the LICENSE KEY you use has 10,000 plus computers allowed then you could use the same key on each instance just as long as the COMBINED license amount didn't exceed that of the original key.
        Eric S.
        GFI Software
        Blog-Twitter-YouTube-Facebook 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages