Failing Updates

Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 3 of 6, messages 31 to 45 of 81
Robertcl

• Total Posts : 2
Re:Failing Updates - I received this email today from GFI about this issue...... Tuesday, December 20, 2016 10:44 PM (permalink)
You may be experiencing difficulties regarding product updates.

The current situation is due to the migration of our update servers.

They are being migrated to a new, more robust system. However , during this migration . updates may fail due to looking for servers on the old system or old servers on the new system.

We are confident that the current situation will be resolved by the end of next week (23 Dec).

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If there is a delay in finishing this migration, we will inform you as soon as possible.

In the meantime the best way to reach out to us for this issue is through the contact form through accounts.gfi.com

Regards,

Labone01

• Total Posts : 38
    Re:Failing Updates Wednesday, December 21, 2016 8:34 AM (permalink)
    Started failing again at 5am ( GMT ) been working fine for a couple days. just tried both update.gfi.com and updates.gfi.com both ask for username and password so looks like I have access to the servers. so it looks like there are still issues with the updates.

Mick.

MattMN

• Total Posts : 8
      Re:Failing Updates Wednesday, December 21, 2016 5:51 PM (permalink)
      We also experienced the same thing. Was finally working for a few days then a bunch of failures again last night. This needs to get resolved soon! With our renewal coming up in less than a year this experience will be something I will need to consider... 

Ailios

• Total Posts : 137
        Re:Failing Updates Wednesday, December 21, 2016 8:19 PM (permalink)
        We have ME 20 on a Windows 2008 relay server separate from Exchange.

Failures for anti-phishing are continuing. I turned on failure notification because they were so terribly annoying and instead check the dashboard's update area. They have been failing since 12/15. Error details: The connection with the server was reset 

Bayesian updates also have been failing. I don't think there's an update (last update 3/21/14) but it still should not be coming up as failing.

There have been some on and off failures for BitDefender and Vipre. Nothing the last couple of days so those may be okay now.

Ailios

Re:Failing Updates Wednesday, December 28, 2016 5:10 PM (permalink)
          Failures are still happening for us with regarding to anti-phishing and bayesian. Event error is: The connection with the server was reset.

Ailios

Re:Failing Updates Wednesday, January 04, 2017 11:17 PM (permalink)
            No reply?  Am I the only person with this problem continuing to happen since 12/15? I'm at a loss on how to get it to work again for my anti-phishing.

CeeTee

• Total Posts : 19
              Re:Failing Updates Wednesday, January 04, 2017 11:33 PM (permalink)
              I know that our installation has stabilized - last anti-phishing update 30mins ago.
              Perhaps you might want to check with TechSupport to see if your install needs a smack up the side of the head to get it going again.
              FWIW, and I may be wrong, but I believe that the debug log for the Anti-Phishing downloader is located in: 
              %ProgramFiles(x86)%\GFI\MailEssentials\Antispam\DebugLogs\audldownload.txt 

Ailios

Re:Failing Updates Thursday, January 05, 2017 12:41 AM (permalink)
                Thank you for pointing me to the log file. Doesn't look like a reboot will fix it. I'm seeing things like "Failed to send https request: 12031", "Trying to connect using https... failed", and "http not allowed".

I went to the customer support page and clicked the link to open a ticket and get a great big Area Offline message with the phone number to sales@gfi.com to call. Not good.

CeeTee

Re:Failing Updates Thursday, January 05, 2017 12:53 AM (permalink)
                  FWIW, I find getting tech support to be one of the hardest things to navigate with GFI, but once I'm sure that I require tech support, I usually use their Technical Support Form:  www.gfi.com/support/technical-support-form
                  That form triggers the email-support process, and once that is started, I find tech support to be excellent.

Ailios

Re:Failing Updates Thursday, January 05, 2017 1:00 AM (permalink)
                    The tip about the log file and the failed language it contains led me to this page: http://www.gfi.com/support/products/gfi-mailessentials/Auto-updates-are-failing-however-a-manual-download-via-the-GFI-MailEssentials-configuration-works-fine  I restarted the GFI MailEssentials Legacy Attendant service and tried again to download the phishing update and this time it worked! Why, I'm not sure. Thankful it only took restarting one service to make this work again for us. Just wish the answer had come sooner.

Danm

• Total Posts : 123
                      Re:Failing Updates Tuesday, January 10, 2017 6:27 PM (permalink)
                      There is still a sporadic issue.  My Antiphishing updates today succeed, but then some also fail.  Getting messages like:
                      Error details: "Not enough storage is available to process this command" or "The server returned an invalid or unrecognized response."  Then they'll be successful again.

MattMN

• Total Posts : 8
                        Re:Failing Updates Tuesday, January 10, 2017 11:04 PM (permalink)
                        It has started failing a lot again today for us as well. I wish GFI would respond on their forums.///

CeeTee

Re:Failing Updates Tuesday, January 10, 2017 11:18 PM (permalink)
                          Getting Anti-Phishing failures here - Error details: The server returned an invalid or unrecognized response
                          However, even when reporting successful updates over the last 2 weeks, it wasn't actually updating the files and subfolder in %ProgramFiles(x86)%\GFI\MailEssentials\Antispam\AuAntiPhish2 - and apparently it should be doing that, so perhaps there is still something being working on there.

m1 IT

• Total Posts : 5
                            Re:Failing Updates Wednesday, January 11, 2017 6:54 PM (permalink)
                            I have been plagued with error messages for the past few days from numerous sites. I am sick to death of this product and I will not be renewing in a few months when all my sites are due. I have nothing but trouble with failing updates for months now.

Its a pity because it is pretty effective at protecting mail but I cannot be bothered reporting to technical support only for them to take a day to reply to a message.

AllenD

• Total Posts : 195
                              Re:Failing Updates Thursday, January 12, 2017 5:48 PM (permalink)
                              We apologize for the inconvenience.  We're tracking issues with the update servers and working with the host to determine what exactly is happening.  It appears a small percentage of the requests are failing, causing intermittent update failures to customer installations. 
                              Allen D.
                              GFI Software
                              Blog - Twitter - YouTube - Facebook

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 3 of 6, messages 31 to 45 of 81

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                • No New Messages
                                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                • Locked w/ New Messages
                                • Locked w/o New Messages
                                • Read Message
                                • Post New Thread